Life has its own way of teaching us valuable lessons. These happen when you least expect them to. so Expect the Unexpected.....

Sunday, May 14, 2006

First Blood Donation

To many it may sound surprising but yes today at the age of 22, I donated blood for the first time.

I must say that it was a humbling experience. My brother like friend needed it for his father’s surgery and how could I say no to him. The guy has been with me since 5th standard. We have grown up together and his presence has always been a source of strength for me. I always knew that he is one person whom I can call at anytime and he would be there. And yet today when he was in front of me I could see the child in him who was tensed and worried and hoped everything will be fine. I really pray to God that uncle gets well soon.

In the hospital I met a lot of people. An invisible but strong bond of hope, despair, tension; all held us together. I guess Adversity brings strangers closer together and relatives farther apart!!!! It was a large family where everyone was wishing the other person well and was even ready to help out to any possible extent. I too volunteered to give my blood to another patient at that time as it was an emergency. My friend actually took me to the other person. Thankfully there was an alternate arrangement for that patient. But the way a sense of selflessness came into me was, honestly, surprising and relieving. I really admire my friend for having the courage to take me to the other patient when he too needed blood. Suddenly I felt liberated from the hustle bustle of the world and more closer to humanity!!!! Clichéd… u may say… but I think not. There was an immense satisfaction inside me when I gave blood. I felt that I have made a difference to somebody and was there when someone needed me the most. After today’s experience I have decided that I would donate blood once a year. After all it is a little something which can make a lot of difference.

So as my first post starts with a good cause, I hope to make difference to somebody’s life when needed the most.

Any comments??? ……… Do write up :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do catch up on some curries and kebabs now..... teeee heeee

4:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done dude... I was proud of u and I am even prouder of u toay... Good Luck and God Bless!!!

4:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaabaashh..................
May God Bless You ...........
Once an year donation is a nice thought...Stick to it...
And dont forget to have lots of healthy food after donating blood.

5:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going !!
You have gone ahead and done something which many of us just talk of doing, but never end up doing.
Standing by your friend was something which some of us may have done, but extending a helping hand to a stranger and volunteering to donate blood is commendable.
Stay the way you are and you'll go places.
Take care and God bless you always..

6:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done siddharth...
great work!! I am proud of you,keep it up....Good Luck bhaiya n May God Bless You!!

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just went thru ur profile n it was a great job done.....God Bless You.....n i hope i can also do something worth for the cause of humanity some day. Thanks for creating such a web page to be viewed by ppl.........I hope our country may get a lesson worth following from this....great going :)

10:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home