Life has its own way of teaching us valuable lessons. These happen when you least expect them to. so Expect the Unexpected.....

Monday, August 07, 2006

I don't know what to write..... I mean am writing this post at 1 am without any reason.. but i gotta write... i dunno why, what, how... am clueless.. but still i wanna write!!!!

Its been over a month now that I have joined bk at XL and well i can safely am so far enjoyin my electives.... Its true that ur wrk bcums so much lighter & fun when you love what you are doing.

Some how there is an altogether a different feeling in second year.... I am a senior now... and 7 months down the line my course would end.... I would be thrown into the real world. Its scary you kno esp when u r a fresher (as in my case). All the talks which one has heard "Corporate Bas***** n Bi***" somehow appears to be so true that you can paint a vivid picture of what they would do and how you would react!!!! Its kiddish... or is it??? I mean I met very gud ppl during my internship and not much politics was visible... but then again i ve heard office politics is felt n not seen... something like air... its around u, all pervasive, and still invisible.

There has been lots of changes in my batchmates now.... Lots of them have bloated their ego... there is a sense of "I know better" attitude. And it surprises me!!!! Why does a person forget his truth!!!!! Some people feel that they are competing against the entire world... but i feel u shud compete against urself... U ve to better urself with every attempt of urs... and instead of trying pulling others down y dont u pull urself up!!!!

A lot of work-ex ppl mite not agree with me... as they have a common perception that the "kid" doesn't know anything.... its possible... so when i wd learn i wd update my blog with latest learnings....

One last thing I have seen in second yr after observing what goes on around me... There r no permamnent friends or foes here... u r wid some1 who at dat moment would satisfy ur needs better than what others can do... people say its professional attitude.. i ask them wat abt friendship, feelings and human touch...prompt cums the reply - u dont make gud frnds as u grow, its all need based!!!!!

I don't think so..... perhaps you can help me yaar.........

5 Comments:

Blogger Mux said...

"but i feel u shud compete against urself"


Its one of the scariest thing to look at urself and compare...who want to do that when there are so many other and easier targets??

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Sid said...

I feel that is the way one can improve truly. Yes there are other easy targets, still, your true improvement wd happen not when u beat the small players, but, beat ur previous standards... y do u want an external assurance dat u ve done well... the biggest source of strength lies within you :)

7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience tell me there ain't any corporate Bast**** and B****..., and even if there are, we will pay them back in the same coin.. :-)
Bottomline: Don't be scared, You gonna meet some of ur best friends on job..

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Sid said...

Dear ceo

i hope so too :)

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Shweta said...

Dost, i know you'll do well wherever you go, and you very well know how to handle any kind of politics, and give people back what they give you. I won't say that there's no office politics or people don't try to get on to you, but i have confidence in you... you don't have to be scared. Be open to new relationships, but careful at the sametime. And hold on to your old friends, don't let a day come when you drown yourself in work so much that you realize there's no one to fall back upon. I can't give you more advice, coz i think you are better than me in this, but still thought of writing my thoughts here after reading your post. And yes, i too think that our work should speak for us, and not how we outshine or try to outshine others, but not everyone has the same ideology. And yes, i too think that our work should speak for us, and not how we outshine or try to outshine others, but not everyone has the same ideology.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home